- 1 pound ground turkey (you can use pork, beef or chicken)
- 1/2 pound chopped shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup minced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 30 lumpia wrappers (5x5 lumpia wrapper - Asian Supermarket)
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Mixing the filling. In a large bowl mix all ingredients except for the wrapper and the vegetable oil for frying.
- Place two heaping tablespoons of the filling diagonally near one corner of each wrapper, leaving a 1 1/2 inch space at both ends. Fold the side along the length of the filling over the filling, tuck in both ends, and roll neatly. Keep the roll tight as you assemble. Moisten the other side of the wrapper with water to seal the edge. Cover the rolls with plastic wrap to retain moisture.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat, add oil to 1/2 inch depth, and heat for 5 minutes. Slide 3 or 4 lumpia into the oil. Fry the rolls for 1 to 2 minutes, until all sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.