Shortbread Cookies (adapted from Food Network)
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. fine salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup strawberry jam (no seeds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whip the butter and the sugar until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla until just combined. Slowly beat in dry ingredients in 2 additions, mixing just until incorporated.
- Divide dough in 6 parts and roll out and use a heart shaped cookie cutter. Flip and coat with sugar crystal and place on the mat with the sugar facing up.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.
Huge hit from the boys.
It feels like Christmas around here but it's only Valentine's and we get to enjoy some sugar cookies for breakfast. Yummy!
He's never done this before. He actually smiled for me.
Ryan loved it too!
Pink fingers from the sugar crystals.
We also made some Strawberry Thumbprint cookies for Dada. I just used the extra dough
Dada's card from the boys. :)
I made a cake from scratch. Never done this before. I might just bake our cakes from now on. It was pretty good.