Crabs in Coconut Milk (Ginataang Alimasag)
* 4 lbs crabs
* 8 cups coconut milk
* 1/8 cup cooking oil
* 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
* 3 tbs ginger, julienned
* 3 tbs white onions, minced
* 3 pcs jalapeno pepper
* 2 tbs rock salt
* Spinach leaves (optional)
* Green Beans (optional)
1. Wash and clean crabs, discard carapace and claws then set aside.
2. Saute garlic in oil until light brown.
3. Add onions then crabs. Stir well until crabs change color.
4. Add coconut milk and jalapeno pepper.
5. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
6. Simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Season with salt.
8. Add veggies and continue simmering for 1 minute.
You can also use the same recipe for shrimp.