BBQ Beef Ribs
* 7 lbs beef back ribs
* 1 can tomato sauce or ketchup for a thicker sauce
* 1 cup of Soyaki sauce (from Trader Joe's - love this sauce)
* 1 cup of Soyaki sauce for basting
* 1 can lager beer (you can use your favorite beer)
* 1 tsp sesame oil
* 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 tsp brown sugar
* 2 tbsp hot sauce (I use whatever I have in my fridge)
* 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Combine all the ingredients (except ribs) in a sauce pan, bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes, cool a bit.
- Place sliced of ribs in a large plastic bag and pour in the sauce, turn to coat the ribs and seal the bag.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Remove ribs from the marinade.
- Bake ribs for 2 hours until tender. Add a little bit of the marinade to keep the ribs moist.
- Place ribs over medium heat and grill for 45 minutes turning the ribs and basting with the remaining Soyaki sauce during the last 20 minutes of cooking.
* 2 whole cucumbers (thinly sliced - I used the mandolin slicer)
* 1 cup fennel (thinly sliced) - optional
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 cup white vinegar or rice wine vinegar
* 1 tsp dried parsley
* 1 tsp black pepper
* 1 tsp dried basil
Directions - mix all the wet and dry ingredients. Add and toss sliced cucumbers. Refrigerate and cover mixture. Served as a side dish for BBQ ribs.