Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fried Rice with Chinese Sausage

Here's my first post. Over the weekend I decided to clean my fridge and found some Chinese Sausage inside and day old jasmine rice. What a great weekend meal. My husband loves this version of fried rice. I think it's the flavorful sausage and teriyaki sauce. I didn't use the black dried black mushrooms with this recipe but my mom likes to add it to this recipe. I used to use Yoshida sauce and I didn't renew my BJ's memebrship so I have been using Soyaki from Trader Joe's. I think it's better than the gourmet sauce I have been using. I do recommend Yoshida for other recipes.


































Ingredients

* 3 cups cooked Jasmine Rice (I use the elephant brand)
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 green onion, separate green and white parts, chop both finely
* 1/2 tsp black pepper or white pepper
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped
* 1 cup frozen peas
* 1 cup diced carrots
* 4 tbsp soyaki (Teriyaki sauce from Trader Joe's)
* 2 ounces dried thinly sliced black fungus mushrooms (soaked in water)
* 1 pack of Chinese sausage thinly sliced (can be purchased at your local Asian supermarket)
* using green parts of the green onion for garnish

Directions
  1. Heat heavy non-stick skillet or wok on medium high heat.
  2. Add oil and swirl around skillet to make sure the whole surface is coated with oil.
  3. Add black or white pepper.
  4. Add chopped onion and cook until transparent.
  5. Add sliced Chinese sausage and cook until brown.
  6. Add frozen peas and diced carrots and cooked until heated.
  7. Add Soyaki sauce and mix.
  8. Add rice and mix thoroughly.
  9. Serve. Garnished with chopped green onions.
Serves 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment