* 3 cups cooked Jasmine Rice (I use the elephant brand)
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 green onion, separate green and white parts, chop both finely
* 1/2 tsp black pepper or white pepper
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped
* 1 cup frozen peas
* 1 cup diced carrots
* 4 tbsp soyaki (Teriyaki sauce from Trader Joe's)
* 2 ounces dried thinly sliced black fungus mushrooms (soaked in water)
* 1 pack of Chinese sausage thinly sliced (can be purchased at your local Asian supermarket)
* using green parts of the green onion for garnish
- Heat heavy non-stick skillet or wok on medium high heat.
- Add oil and swirl around skillet to make sure the whole surface is coated with oil.
- Add black or white pepper.
- Add chopped onion and cook until transparent.
- Add sliced Chinese sausage and cook until brown.
- Add frozen peas and diced carrots and cooked until heated.
- Add Soyaki sauce and mix.
- Add rice and mix thoroughly.
- Serve. Garnished with chopped green onions.