Monday, February 20, 2012

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cuban Style Black Beans and Rice


Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Got the marinade recipe from http://chaosinthekitchen.com/2009/08/grilled-pork-tenderloin-honey-lime-chipotle-marinade/. I tweaked the recipe and added some Tequila and brown sugar. Instead of pouring the reduced sauce I brushed it while grilling the tenderloin.

Homemade Cuban Style Black Beans & Rice
2 Tbsp Olive oil or vegetable oil
2 C long grain white rice
1 1/2 C chicken broth

1 small can diced tomatoes (I love the flavored ones you get at the store)
salt and pepper
1 can of black beans (heat according to packaging and serve over rice)

Heat oil in a skillet. Add the rice. Stir frequently and slightly brown the rice (more like, make it tan) over a medium high heat. Add the chicken broth. Add the tomato juice. Add some salt and pepper. Stir thoroughly. Reduce heat to simmer and cover tightly with a lid. (I ‘stir’ the mixture several times while it’s cooking by just shaking/moving the skillet back and forth so that I don’t take the lid off.) Simmer/cook for about 20 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed. Once the liquid has been absorbed, turn off the heat and leave mixture alone with the lid on it for another 10-15 minutes or so.

Salad (I always get this little side when I eat out and I think it works well with this dish)
Romaine lettuce (sliced into strips)
2 teaspoons of sour cream
1 pinch of finely chopped cilantro

Note: Let the marinade sit overnight. It's totally worth it. I made the rice after the boys got up from their nap. They were busy playing together and I sneaked out and made the rice. :) Hehehe

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment