Sunday, February 20, 2011

Homemade Pesto Sauce

Big tub of fresh basil (I think it was at least 4 cups)
1/2 cup walnuts
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbs lemon juice

Blend everything together and add more olive oil if it looks too pasty. I usually add freshly grated Parmesan cheese but I didn't have enough so I skipped it.

Instead of pine nuts I used walnuts. I got a basket full of walnuts last year for Christmas from my co-worker. It came with this old school nut cracker and it took a while for me to fill an entire ziploc bag. Hurt my fingers but I think it's worth it. I kept the entire bag in the freezer. I opened the bag and used it today for my pesto sauce.

I made so much again I have a tiny jar for another meal.

I cooked some Trader Joe's Spinach And Chive Linguine Pasta. Boiled it according to the instructions from the package. Drained water added 3 tablespoons of my homemade pesto sauce and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Looks perfect but this dish is not done yet.

Pan Fried Salmon topped with fresh Pesto Sauce

1 salmon fillet seasoned with kosher salt & freshly cracked pepper. Pan seared for a few minutes & added some of my homemade Pesto sauce. Nice pairing for my linguine.

Yummy dinner for a crazy mother of twins. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment