Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Chicken & Pork Adobo



Twice-cooked chicken and pork adobo with tomatoes and cilantro garnish

2 lbs. chicken (I used drumsticks)
1 lb. pork loin (cubed)
4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup Mr. Yoshida Sauce (you can get this at BJ's or Costco)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tsp. freshly cracked pepper
4 -5 bay leaves

1. Use one big crock pot. Add all the meat and all the other ingredients. I cooked my dish while my kids were napping in the afternoon. I think cooked it till after dinner. About 4 - 5 hours on high. Stirring occasionally. I left my pot on top of the counter top overnight. When it's cold you can leave it until you are ready to bake the dish before dinner.

2. Next day use a rectangular baking dish. Transfer everything and bake at 375 for 1 1/2hrs. Totally worth baking makes it extra brown and the sauce thickens a little bit.

3. The meat falls of the chicken bone. It's amazingly soft and flavorful. Serve with steamed rice and cubed tomatoes. I added cilantro with a dash of fish sauce. I added pork to this dish because I like pork and Mark prefers chicken. :)

This dish can feed about 5 to 6 people or more. We always have leftovers. The more the meat sits in the sauce the tastier it gets.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment