Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I have been organizing play dates recently for my boys. When we're not exploring outside the house we like to have some of our new friends over. The moms have been so generous sharing their baked goodies every time I host. Now, I'm changing it...I want to give them a great time and a little treat to enjoy when they get home.

I made the best and the most amazing Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. Got the recipe from allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
  3. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

This recipe got a bunch of mixed reviews. I like it just the way this lady made it. I don't like too much flour. Instead of adding too much this recipe contains for oats. It's better for you I think.

I packaged these lovely beauties in my tiny tin can lunch boxes. I am enjoying the company of my new mommy friends and their babies. This is my simple way of saying "Thank You".

No comments:

Post a Comment