Thursday, June 9, 2011
Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad
* 2 1/2 cups cooked corn, fresh or frozen
* 1 avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
* 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1/2 cup finely diced red onion or spring onion
* 1/2 cup sweet peppers (I used red and orange)
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
* 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
* 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Combine the corn, avocado, tomatoes and onion in a large glass bowl. Mix together the dressing ingredients in another bowl, pour over the salad, and gently toss to mix.
For this recipe I actually grilled my corn. I love the flavor it goes so well with the grilled pork tenderloin. When you're grilling corn it's nice to set your heat on low and cook for 30 minutes. Let the corn cool and then remove kernels.