Monday, February 20, 2012

NYC style Halal Chicken and Rice


Recipe from http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/12/serious-eats-halal-cart-style-chicken-and-rice-white-sauce-recipe.html



For the chicken:
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
  • 1/4 cup light olive oil
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat (6 to 8 thighs)
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil

For the rice:
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 1/2 cups long-grain or Basmati rice
  • 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

For the sauce:
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

I made the recommended sauce and also made some tatziki. I cooked the chicken twice. After doing a rough chop add the extra chicken mixture and pan fry for a few minutes.

I also added cumin to the chicken marinade.

Super yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I love food blogs….last time I visited Las Vegas and I am so confused about the food, then I read the food blogs related to Fries in Las Vegas .. And The Delicious Halal Chicken wings .. That was very helpful for me. Thanks for sharing such Delicious food blogs.

    ReplyDelete