Monday, August 29, 2011

Homemade Chicken Tikka with Curry Cauliflower and paired with Naan



My friend Tina Gupta got me a goodie bag full of Indian spice mix. I am not familiar with any of it...so I kept it inside my pantry for a whole year. A few weeks ago I was actually brave enough to try this amazing dish. Eating out with toddlers aren't easy so I ventured into making my own Indian spread at home.

I depended entirely to Shan Chicken Tikka Masala (I used the entire box). I followed the recipe on the back and used everything but the yogurt. I didn't have any greek yogurt so I improvised and made it with heavy cream. I also added fresh lime juice.

I used 3 chicken breast with bone and skin. Gave the chicken a few slits and massaged the curry mixture and keep inside the fridge covered for 4 hours.

Grill chicken bone side down. While waiting for your chicken. Prepare the curry cauliflower.

Clean and rinse cauliflower. Dice tomatoes and onions. Saute onions and tomatoes. Add 1 tsp of Chan Veggie curry mix. Add cauliflower and cook until tender. Add 1/2 cup heavy cream and simmer for 3 minutes.

Serve with Naan or basmati rice.

That's it! I can't believe I never tried the Shan mixes before. I am so happy she introduced me to this incredible recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment